Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Talkin' Turbo!

This morning I had an invite from my friend, Rhya to go to Turbo Class with her. Of course I said, yes! Spending time with my friend no matter what class is a definite yes! If anyone knows me they know that I don't do traditional "aerobics" classes. Ya know, the kind that jump around, bounce and feel like you need a pair of leg warmers on. I guess you could say my class repertoire expands from Spinning to Body Pump. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I am a runner. I am a weight lifter. I guess I should mention that I did in fact walk out of the "Best Zumba class in town!", too. I didn't walk out, because it was a bad class. I walked about, because if I am going to do those quick, shakin' hip moves I need two things. Okay, five! I need four shots of Tequila and a "stripper pole"! lol! Well, since I don't drink tequila and I didn't see a pole anywhere I decided it would be best if I just left as I was dying inside of embarrassment! :)

So, on to Turbo....I loved it!!! It was so much fun!!! My cheeks actually hurt from smiling. I would call it a combination of boxing and club dancing! I seriously had a blast! Being 37, I haven't went out dancing for many years and this fit the bill. It was at 9:15 a.m. I am up at this time. Not 9:15 p.m. I am in bed at that time. BIG bonus there was no smoke, I am not in some clothing that I am clearly not meant to wear any longer, and SUPER BONUS no skeezy guys hitting on you!!! Awesomeness! Turbo all the way!

The moves of Turbo were precise and not so quick that you felt like you were left in the dust. It was a good heart pumping workout, but totally achievable. On the workout level scale I would rate it a Medium. On the super fun scale a 10+!!! Everyone needs a workout that they have fun at! So, if you have ever wanted to try Turbo, you should! I know I will be back smile and all. Who knows when and if this lady ever goes out clubbin' again I might have some new moves?! Until then I will be keepin' it real in the gym!

Until Next Time...Happy Running!

~Danyelle

P.S. Yes, this workout ended with me running on the track after the class for 20 minutes. :)


Have you tried a new fitness class
 the you fell in love with lately?! 


Want to contact us? Email us at sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment