Friday, September 28, 2012

Preparing for the SMR Weight Loss Challenge: Are you ready?!

I am ready!!! :)
I am so excited about how many people are participating in the Sexy Mother Runner Weight Loss Challenge!! The pictures keep pouring in! Over the next few days we will have exact numbers and you will receive a confirmation email that we received your photo. Also, there are going to be some fun prizes!

Today I have been preparing for our weight loss challenge. The morning started with my husband and I both weighing in. We are going to complete this challenge together as a team. I am really excited about this as he is also my partner in eating crime! :)

Today I emptied the house of any tempting foods. I find that if I have to leave the house for it oftentimes I do not want it that bad. If I do I consume it I will track it! So, what am I going to do to try to lose these pesky pounds?

1. My husband is counting calories and I will be doing Weight Watchers. It has successfully worked for me in the past. Plus, it is flexible enough for me that I do not feel deprived of anything. If I want it, I track it. It is up to me how I spend my 29 points per day, plus fruits and vegi's are zero points. Winner!

2. I will be journaling everything that touches my lips.

3. I will also be journaling my feelings. It is important to reflect.

4. I will be exercising a minimum of 30 minutes per day. Whether this is a walk at the park with the kids or a run. I will also be incorporating weight training into my exercise routine 3 times per week. Honestly, I am very excited about this as I have missed weight training.

5. Today I will take my measurements. There may be a week that the scale doesn't move but, the inches do!

6. I will prepare ahead for the unexpected situations! Parties, cookouts, etc!

7. I will plan my meals ahead. For example, the soup in the picture is a Weight Watcher recipe that is yummerful! It is homemade vegetable soup that I made in the crock pot. It tastes so wonderful and it is a quick warm up that is ZERO points! Plus, it is vegan and organic! Winner, again! I have posted the recipe below.

8. I will reward myself for success but not with food!! Thinking of rewards as I type...hmmm...more on that!


9. I will also weigh in each week and let you know my loss or gain amount.


10. Most importantly, I will not be disappointed in myself and neither will you! If you have a rough day, remember a new day starts tomorrow. We are in this together!


Happy Losing...

~Danyelle :)


What are you doing to prepare for the 
*Sexy Mother Runner Weight Loss Challenge?!
Are you ready?! I know I am and I am really 
excited that you are joining us! 


There is still time to join us! If you want to participate you must send your weight scale picture with your weight no later than Midnight tonight to sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com or send it in a private message to our Facebook page. We will be sending a confirmation email that we have received your picture over the next few days.




WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINTS GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE

Hands-on time: 20 minutes (I made mine completely vegan and organic in the crock pot on low for 8 hours)
Time to table: 1 1/4 hour
Makes 9 cups

6 cups broth 
Cooking spray
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large onion, diced
4 teaspoons garlic, minced 
1/2 cabbage, chopped 
1/2 pound frozen green beans
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large zucchini, diced

Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (This is a time-saving tip that can be skipped if there's no hurry.)

Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!





*Disclaimer: This is a fun weight loss challenge. Always consult your physician before starting any exercise or weight loss program! We are not doctors, nor do we play one on tv. Please take exercise and 
weight loss seriously. 
Winners must provide weight loss pictures 
by due dates and address 
for any prize winnings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment