Saturday, February 18, 2012

Temptation Weekend!

There will not be a weight loss challenge update today. Danyelle and I are skipping this week's weigh-in. She is out of town with family all weekend and so am I.

Which brings me to my current issue. I am visiting family in Holland, MI. My husband's hometown.



Do you know how many great restaurants Holland boasts? I do. Our typical visit includes a trip to The Butler in Saugatuck for some of the best onion rings around. Maybe lunch at The Boatwerks, (yes it's spelled with an 'e') definitely dinner and beer at New Holland Brewing Company. (The Poet is my favorite beer there, yummy) My mouth is watering as I type. However, vacation, even if for just a weekend, is no excuse to let all of my hard work fly out the door.

We brought some of our tools from home. Fred packed a cooler full of the produce we had at home that needs to be used and our juicer. On the drive last night he joked that he really felt like Joe from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. Have juicer, will travel!

We already juiced this morning. Later, we are hitting the grocery store so that we have no excuse to eat things we no longer eat. Even though we will most likely eat one meal out while we are here, what we order will be very different from what we would have ordered 6 weeks ago. I feel like the contestants on Biggest Loser when they take them to a restaurant for the first time since beginning their weight loss journey.


I'm still beating myself up for leaving my Garmin on my dresser at home. One of my favorite things about this area is the paved bike path that spans several towns. I love to run when I come up here. Everything feels so much fresher here. I will be running but it will be sans Garmin.


I'm not telling you
it's going to be easy.
I'm telling you
it's going to be worth it.

I'm sticking to my guns. Missing a weigh-in is not an excuse to slip, it's a reason to be even more diligent. I know I can get through this weekend without giving in to temptation. Just keep any and all cake away from me!


What is your biggest food temptation?

How do you stay on task when faced with temptation?







No comments:

Post a Comment