Sunday, February 26, 2012

Team Sexy Mother Runner “Stressful” Week #7 Weigh-In Results

As I reflect on the past week all I can say is that I am glad it is over. No, it is not time for a pity party and it is all relative to “real” concerns, however last week was stressful. My house has been for sale for nearly 7 months with a realtor. I had three house showings last week and I have an open house today. Anyone who has ever listed a house with two kids and a dog know that keeping a house spotless is beyond stressful. In addition, my kids had more activities and homework than what is typical, I was needed more than usual at work, and my family was in dire need of “Fun Family Time” (FFT). I had to prioritize. As you can imagine that means that Mommy is not going to get enough time to run or workout. That is unless I were to do that in my sleep, which I did feel like I was doing. I worked out one time last week plus during “FFT” we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings. You can see why I would be scared of what the scale would say. 


As I went to weigh-in yesterday I was nervous about it. However, I also knew that I needed to be accountable and face the numbers. I was scared. I didn’t want to let my team down. My team has not put any pressure on each other but I really want to pull, I mean lose my weight for them. We are so close to the end and I sure don’t want to mess things up when there is only one week left of the challenge. My team has worked so hard. It was time to face the scale.  As I jumped on the scale and my kid's watched I thought to myself this is only one hurdle and there is always next week. Weight loss is hard! Plus, I knew that  I  had not put in the work. Needless to say, when Tyler read the numbers I was relieved. I lost 3 pounds! Thank goodness! What a pleasant surprise! However, next week I will ensure that the effort has been put into the cause. We even post-poned my Thursday birthday dinner until after the weight loss challenge.

I shared my numbers with my team and they shared with me: 

Fred lost: 6.7 lbs!
Bekah lost: 1 lb! 

We are all still moving in the right direction! 

*Kristen and Brandon are not weighing in this week as their schedule has been crazy, too. Life happens! 

Team Sexy Mother Runner has lost a total of 115.1 lbs. since the beginning of the weight loss challenge. Fred has lost 33.3 lbs. Bekah has lost 17.3 lbs. and I have lost 19.2 lbs. in 7 weeks. We are very proud of ourselves, but I know that we are going to have those hard weeks in the future. It is life! It is the reality of everyone’s lives! Losing weight and maintaining weight loss is not easy. It is a lifestyle change. Our team keeps talking about how to keep this challenge going for ourselves. We need your help!


Do you have any ideas on how we can maintain accountability and continue our weight loss journey as a team?


How did you get back on track after you have
had a really bad week?


Yours truly,

~Danyelle


Want to contact the Sexy Mother Runner's? Email us at sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment