Monday, March 5, 2012

Juice Fast Recap and Final Weigh-In!!!



We have had a very busy weekend around here! Birthday celebration for Danyelle and Fred, our final weigh-in for the Select 55 Weight Loss Challenge, and the end of my juice fast! Whoo! It's been a whirlwind!


I'll start with the juice fast. It was suppose to be 7 days but after we weighed-in on Saturday, part of our team went to lunch to celebrate and await the results of the Challenge. I took part in that. I ate a cucumber slice, raw broccoli, some hummus, 3 triangles of pita bread, and two bites of falafel before I felt full. So, my juice fast ended up being 6 days instead of 7. It was still fantastic. Definitely an experience I will repeat.

Some of the hard core juicers out there adhere to a juicing schedule of fasting the first week of each month. I'm not quite there, nor do I necessarily want to be. However, I can see myself doing a week long fast every 3-6 months.

Overall, I felt more energetic, more clear headed, and very calm. (One of my sisters actually asked if I was on quaaludes! LOL) I felt a little blah on Day 2 or 3 as I stated in one of my updates. By Day 4 though I felt fantastic. I lost 6.6 lbs.

I have had several people inquiring about juicing since I started my fast. My sister (Not the one who asked about the quaaludes) and one of my best friends went out and bought juicers! I'm so excited to see people being inspired to start juicing! Watch my juicing video here.

If you have not juiced before, I do not recommend a juice fast. Start out slow and easy with just adding some juice in to your regular diet. Watch the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead! Try some different vegetable combos and see what tastes good to you. If you have the idea in your head that it's going to taste like tomato juice or V8, get that idea out now! The juice is not thick like that at all and unless you throw in a tomato it's not going to taste like tomato. Most of all, have fun with it!

"The ground work of all happiness
is good health."
-Leigh Hunt

Select 55 Weight Loss Challenge Results

Team Sexy Mother Runner finished up in 3rd place out of over 80 teams!!!! We are quite proud of ourselves and everyone who participated! The first place team lost a combined total of over 190 lbs!!!
Fred lost a total of 40.5 lbs
Brandon lost a total of 34.3 lbs
Kristen lost a total of 18.9
Danyelle lost a total of 21 lbs - 12.82%
Bekah lost a total of 23.9 lbs - 13%

For a total loss of 138.6 lbs in 8 weeks!

Stick around as we continue our journey to better health. Fred and I start our Half Marathon training this week. Not to mention I throw up in my mouth just a little bit every time I think about the fact that I am registered for a Super Spartan in October! Lots of training taking place between now and then. I think I have Fred convinced that turning our back yard into an obstacle filled mud pit is the way to go!

Anyone try juicing yet?
Are you in training right now? If so, what training program are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment