Friday, June 21, 2013

Are You Ready For A Challenge?!?! Kiss That Comfort Zone Goodbye!


Last year I challenged myself to get waaaay out of my comfort zone and try a lot of new things. I did my first juice fast, joined a Spartan training class (by myself then later with Fred), I zip lined in the rain forest of the Dominican Republic, I swam with sharks and stingrays, I participated in a Spartan Super, I ran 2 half marathons, and I went for a run in the very same sand dunes where Fred once got us lost in complete darkness and I almost died of terror.

Tonight, I am once again stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a lesson to learn Salsa Dancing! I've rounded up  a few brave souls to join me. It's going to be fun! ...and a bit humiliating as I have no coordination.


I wasted so many years missing out on things that I really wanted to do. Things that I only saw other people doing, never myself. I didn't think I was capable, or that I should even try, for whatever reason. Oh, and trust me, I had a lot of reasons. I'm not fit enough, I'm not fast enough, I'm no thin enough, I'm not confident enough, I'm not good enough, etc, etc, etc. Well guess what?

I am enough!


Now I'm challenging you. What is that one thing that you've been wanting to do but for whatever reason you just haven't done it? A triathlon, a 5k, going to a water park, whatever it is... Stop putting it off, stop making excuses! Go do it.

I want to hear all about it too! I want comments and messages and emails telling me what you have accomplished that you never thought you could. 

So for anyone who sat on the sidelines because they didn't feel like they could do it, I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN.



July is going to be a challenge month filled with lots of motivation. We will be setting up some great challenges for you. We will also be bringing back our Featured Runner Friday where we will be posting a personal fitness story each Friday. We have four Featured Runners already lined up.

I will also be doing another 7 day juice fast in July. I'm looking for people who are interested in doing the fast with me. You will have to be serious and 100% committed. We will create a group on Facebook where we can give support, information, encouragement, share recipes, etc. I will post more details on this later.

So, are you ready to get serious and have fun with us in July?!?!? 

Peace, Love, Happiness!
~Bekah

3 comments:

  1. Last March(2012) I signed up for my first 5k. I was terrified! I ended up running the whole thing. I was slow, but I did it. Since then I did a Turkey trot 5k, the Glow Run 5k, Hog Wild Mud Run, Zephyrhills founder's day 5k, Mud Endeavor mud run, and I will be doing my 3rd mud run tomorrow. I am also signed up for a 5k in July and the Color Me Rad in October. I look back to last year and I would NEVER have imagined that I could have come this far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for be challenges; this year I thought it would be my first marathon but I don't think I can stop at one. My other challenge for this year is to change my kids over to the Paleo lifestyle. Bring it on I say ;)

    Regards

    Lynn @ Weight & Run

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salsa dancing sounds amazing!
    1 year ago my Husband challenged me to get in shape enough to hike down and out of the Grand Canyon. I took up running to help me achieve that goal and I am proud to say I did it! I am hiking Humphrey's Peak next Saturday the highest mountain in Arizona! I went from doing ZERO exercise to exercising everyday! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete