Friday, February 8, 2013

SMR Featured Runner Friday: Meet Mike!

Every runner has a story...

At Sexy Mother Runner we believe that sharing those stories is a great way to share the gift of running while helping to motivate others!
 
Meet Mike:
 
 


Hi, I'm Mike.  I got into running May 2011 because I wasn't happy with myself.  I had let myself get to 235 lbs and looked terrible.  I started running to get into shape so the journey began.  I started running and eliminated pop from my diet completely.  That was the only thing I changed.  Took out the pop, and added running of course.  In less than a year I dropped 60 lbs and am in better shape now than I ever was in High School. From 235 lbs to 175 lbs. I completed my first half marathon in Chicago at the Chicago Rock n Roll Half marathon in 2011 and I was hooked on running from there.  In 2012 I finished 8 half marathons and had a PR of 1:33, finished my first marathon in April and then was hooked on the longer distance races and ran 5 full marathons with a PR of 3:39 and 3 Ultra Marathons in 2012 as well, including a 55.5 mile Ultra.  I finished my first marathon of 2013 this last weekend and am training for my first 100 mile Ultra in April at the Indiana Trail 100. I also have a running streak where I haven't missed a day of running since November 23, 2011.  At least 1 mile, all outside, every day with no treadmills.  I love running and it has surely changed my life and helped me meet some amazing friends.  Here's my blog  www.runnerdsrock.blogspot.com  I'm Mike and I'm a Run Nerd!!  :-)


Would you like to be a SMR Featured Friday Runner?
If so, send us your story to sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com
and inspire someone to give running a try today!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story, Mike! I'm so impressed with all that you have accomplished already. Good luck on your next Ultra!
    ~Bekah

    ReplyDelete