Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ultra Crazy?. . . maybe

Summer is wrapping up around here. I'm sad about that mainly because it's not even the middle of August yet. However, I will be sending my little girl to her first day of Kindergarten on August 15th. That's just not right.

With school starting back up I'm thinking about Fall. I only have two events on the books for this Fall, the Morton Pumpkin Classic 10k in September and the Super Spartan in October. I feel like there is tons of space left to fill even though I know my calendar is rather full. So, I'm giving some serious thought to running another half marathon on September 29th. Oh, and I'm also doing my first ever 30 mile ultra trail run on November 6th. Have I mentioned that I'm crazy?

My oldest daughter has left the nest, again, and is working on her college degree. My middle daughter, K, is starting kindergarten, and my son, D, is starting pre-school 3 days a week. I know it's going to get seriously busy very soon. Between dance lessons for K, gymnastics for D, and swim lessons for both, I will have to be fitting in lots of running along with the spartan class I've been taking. As I'm typing this, it's really starting to set in and I'm getting a little scared...



This year, so far, has been a roller coaster of new experiences both good and bad. That being said, it's also been one of the best years of my life. I've accomplished things I never knew I was capable of. I've met people who have shared amazing stories of their own personal triumph. I've watched friends accomplish incredible goals with training and determination. My view has forever been changed. I know there will always be crazy schedules, new goals, and scary 'firsts' but thanks to God, my family, my friends, and fellow fitties everywhere, I know I can do it.

I'm looking forward to all of the new challenges and the changes they will bring.

Peace, Love, Happiness!

~Bekah


Have you challenged yourself recently? 
Is there a challenge you've been putting off but really want to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment