Saturday, October 19, 2013

Forecast of Hills: Komen Promise Half is tomorrow!

 Well, tomorrow is the big day around these parts...The Komen Promise Run.  The weather forecast looks great, however the course forecast looks hilly, hilly, and more hilly. When I signed up for the Komen Promise Run they had not decided on the course route at that time, however I knew I needed a half to train for and with it being a local, chilly, fall race it fit the bill for me. I had hoped to get a PR on this race, however everyone knows I am not a hill lover. However, I have come a long way with hills and now am not a hill hater. This is HUGE progress for me. So, this morning I came down for coffee and my husband said jokingly "Going for a sub -2 tomorrow?" I replied with, "Um yeah, actually I am going for a sub-3!" lol! 

                                                             The thing with running is you have to keep a sense of humor. You never know when you are going to get a good run in or a bad one. You never know when you are going to almost poop your pants. You never know when you will get stung by a bee or encounter a deer. You never know when you are going to get put in a ridiculous boot and your kids will ask you to drop them off for school a block away from the entrance. (Hehe, I know this hasn't happened, Bekah!) 

The point is you are out there running! Who cares what happens along the journey, as long as you are safe. Tomorrow another 13.1 will be on the books and I will make many memories with my friends & family! What a gift! ~Danyelle

No comments:

Post a Comment