Monday, May 21, 2012

Long Run This Weekend

The time is nearly upon me and I'm a roller coaster of emotions. My first half marathon is Saturday. Fred and I are running the Bayshore Half Marathon in Traverse City, MI.

I've been training both mentally and physically. Now that it's down to just a handful of days, my nerves are trying to get the best of me. Not going to happen though. I'm kind of stubborn that way. My inner bad-ass is smirking shamelessly at my inner anxiety.


In my mind, my inner bad-ass looks nothing like this little guy though.

In fact, I imagine something more along the lines of... Alice.



Yes, my inner bad-ass has a name and it's Alice. Alice wouldn't let a little something like 13.1 miles get in the way of, well, anything really. I mean, look at her for crying out loud. She would just reload and move along. 

So, that's what I'm going to do come Saturday morning. I've got my training, my Chocolate Outrage GU, and my inner Alice. Slowly but surely, I'm convincing myself that I've got this.

How do you prepare yourself mentally for a race? 
Are nerves an issue?

Peace, love, happiness!
~Bekah

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I just love this post. No words of wisdom - I'll be there in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to kill it!!! I know it!! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah, I went through the roller coaster of emotions, too, and was surprised at the anxiety that I had the night before, but in the end your training is what really carries you through, and you ARE READY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear the recap of your awesome first 13.1! You will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 22- 1 hour personal training and 30 min run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everyone!!! I'm crazy excited. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete