Thursday, March 8, 2012

Let Me Have Cake... Wait, Not That Much!

Cake, cake, and ...more cake???

Next week is birthday week at my house. It starts on Sunday, my son's 4th birthday. This Sunday though we are also celebrating my nieces birthday, she's turning 14. Monday is my son's birthday party. My youngest daughter turns 6 on Friday but we are having her party on Thursday. Then, we will have a family party for both of them on Friday. Are you lost yet? Am I crazy? Yes. This is the first year that I didn't combine their birthday parties into one celebration. I'm still questioning why I decided to not do that... Oh, and my youngest daughter and I will be attending a birthday party for one of her friends on Saturday. So, yeah, birthday week actually starts Saturday.

Between Saturday and Friday I will attend 5 birthday parties. Four of which I know for sure will have... cake. If you've been reading the blog for a while then you know how I feel about cake. I love cake. No question. When I was a little kid I was not the kid who only ate the frosting. No, I scraped the frosting off and ate the cake part only. I've evolved over the years though falling in love with the sugary frosting as well as the cake. During this evolution I discovered the most perfect piece of cake is the corner. Lots of frosting. Perfect.

Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels
(I'm not sure I actually believe this but I'm trying... I mean, nothing? Really?)

Do you know how many calories are in a corner piece of cake? Five million. I checked. Okay, so maybe not but I think we can all agree that it's more calories than can ever be justified. Especially if you are consuming it not once, not twice, but FOUR times in one week! That's 20 million calories, people. Which is exactly what I would have done prior to this whole healthy lifestyle change.


What am I going to do? I'm not sure... I love cake. I know I'm going to eat some cake this week. I don't have to eat 4 corner pieces, I don't even have to eat 4 regular pieces. Moderation and control. I know I can do this. Besides, my sister's cakes usually suck so I won't eat any of my niece's cake. Kidding!!!! Just kidding, sis!

I will probably read our Nutritionist's post 'Carbohydrates, Sugars, and Sweeteners, Oh My!' a few more times. Clearly, this is some kind of stars-aligning-sign that Megan posted that article the day before I write this one.

I will have to report back and let you know how well my will power holds up this week! I have a little extra motivation going though. I started cleaning out my closet yesterday and found some capri pants that I bought right before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter who is turning 6 this week. I haven't been able to get into them, until now. I tried them on and they fit! It's been almost 7 years... that definitely felt better than cake tastes!

Peace, love, happiness!
~Bekah

How do you hold up against your worst temptation?
Share your thoughts and tips with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment