Monday, December 31, 2012

My 2012 Top Ten


It's officially 2013 in Holland, Michigan! This has been a really wonderful couple of days. Fred and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary on Sunday. We went for a lovely winter run around Holland. New Year's Eve was spent playing UNO with Fred's mom and our six year old daughter. New Year's Day we will be starting the year off right with a run!

2012 was probably the best year of my life. Not kidding. So many wonderful things happened this year. I've decided to narrow it down to a list of the most outstanding events.

This last year, 2012, will always be remembered as the year 
I stopped wishing and started doing.


Top Ten Awesome Events of 2012

10. Danyelle and I started Sexy Mother Runner!
9.  I learned a lot about friendship. How blessed I am to have so many really wonderful people in my     life and also that sometimes, it's okay to let go.
8. Fred and I joined a weight loss challenge and each lost a significant amount of weight thus setting us on our new lifestyle journey.
7. I discovered how much I love trail running.
6. Everyone in my house became vegetarians.
5. I travelled out of the USA, for the first time ever, to the Dominican Republic, with my sisters.
4. I ran from zombies with Fred and some great friends at the Run For Your Lives in Indiana!
3. My best friend gave birth to the most precious baby girl. 
2. I ran my first AND second half marathon!
1. I completed my first Spartan Race, the Midwest Super Spartan, with Fred, Danyelle, and her husband, Kory!!!!! 

I really can't even put into words how excited I am for 2013. Danyelle has labeled it as the year of fun. I will have to second that. 2012 was a very fun year and I can only imagine that 2013 will be even better now that I know more of what I am capable of accomplishing. The sky really is the limit.

I know I already listed 10 events but I really have to add one more. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people who I have met this year because of running and also training for the Spartan race. Especially all of the fabulous ladies in W.O.W!

Peace, Love, Happiness!
~Bekah

One year from now, how will you look back on 2013? 
Happy New Year! 
May 2013 be a blessed one!


No comments:

Post a Comment