Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tried Something New Today, RPM


My oldest daughter and I, she won't
let me take a pic after we work out
so I had to use this one. :)
This morning my oldest daughter came over to ride with me to drop off my 7 yr old at school and then hit the gym for Body Pump. This has become a new routine for us, one we really enjoy. So, we got to the gym, dropped my 5 yr old off in the kid care room and went to Body Pump. Once again, it proved to be a fantastic class. Partly because the instructor is really good at what she does.

After the class, the instructor caught up to us and basically threatened us with our lives if we didn't follow her to the next class she was teaching, RPM. If you aren't familiar with the Les Mills classes, RPM is a spin class. Okay, she didn't actually threaten us but who can resist a super nice and energetic person telling you to do something really good for you. I'd never taken RPM (I know, I know...) so I was intrigued. Plus she used the word 'fun' a lot. We were like fish in a barrel... naive fish in a barrel.

Here's where I discovered that 'fun' was really code for 'so much pain that you will need one of those inflatable donut things every time you sit down for the rest of the day... maybe longer.' I'll get back to that in a minute though... but seriously, who designed those torture devices and passed them off as seats???



The class just released a new launch and we were the lucky victims  participants to get to try it for the first time. Since this was my first ever RPM class I have nothing to compare this particular launch to so I'm not sure where it really lands among the seven circles of RPM hell awesomeness. It was tough though, even the instructor was sweating and breathing heavy. Which made me feel better. Turns out, RPM was everything I was afraid it would be, challenging, tough, uncomfortable... and I think I loved it. Some weird form of Stockholm Syndrome perhaps???

My RPM class was just like this. Except there weren't any hot guys with great bodies...
and we weren't on a rooftop somewhere with a super cool city skyline behind us.
Other than that, it was just like this picture.

All in all, I'm hooked and will now be doing Body Pump followed by RPM on a regular basis. I'm hoping that I will eventually be able to sit again without having shooting pain in my booty. I'm told it goes away as you get used to it. However, if Fred tries to slap my behind one more time as I walk by him today he may get throat-punched.

Peace, Love, Happiness!

~Bekah

What are some of your favorite classes? 
More importantly... 
Will the booty pain really get better???

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I still haven't tried a spin class? I take a core class that I absolutely love. It's no crunches but it is hard "core"!

    ReplyDelete