Monday, February 25, 2013

Running all Fifty: Virginia Beach, VA!

Friends, I have been slacking horribly on my "Running All Fifty" writing. I think it is time I catch up! I thought I would start today with my running review of beach running in Virginia Beach, Virginia!


When I visited Virginia Beach in July of 2011 (has it really been that long ago?!) it was breathtaking and a pleasant surprise! After living in Sarasota, Florida for 5 years I became a "Gulf Coast/Panhandle Ocean Snob".  If you visit the West Coast or Panhandle you know exactly what I mean. The Gulf Coast and Panhandle boast white sugar quartz sands that are cool on your feet and calm waves, however Virginia Beach was a breath of fresh air. Yes, the waves were bigger and the sand more course but the environment made up for that in a second. I loved the hustle and bustle of this little beach! There were people running on the sand and boardwalk. There were people biking and blading, too! There was live music, military aircraft flying overhead, free smells and much eye candy to distract a runner enough to find that you forgot you were running! Before I knew it my run was complete and it was time to enjoy a yummy breakfast and coffee overlooking the ocean.

Virginia Beach, Virginia gets an A+ from me and I can't wait to visit again!

Happy Running!

~Danyelle


Do you have a favorite beach to run on?




No comments:

Post a Comment