Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Rick's story!






I have to give a huge thank you to Eli Sapharti.  On February 14 of this year, I weighed 426 pounds.  I came across a video that Eli had done and he seemed very sincere and passionate about helping others beat obesity.  So I took him up on it.  He agreed to coach me, and slowly I started leaving the old sedentary life behind for a new, active one.  A few weeks into it, he posted that he was going to be running a half marathon and asked who would be joining him.  I, jokingly, put on there, give me a few years and I'll join ya heh.  He responded with, well if you're serious Rick, let's shoot for a 5k later this year.  And so began my passion for jogging.  At nearly 400 pounds, all I could run was 10 seconds when I first started.  And just like with losing weight, I took things one step at a time till I could add to that time.  Today, 7 1/2 months later, at 286 pounds, I can jog a 5k all the way and under 40 minutes.  I will be running my first 5k with Eli on November 3 and I can't wait for it!!  I think it will be an amazing experience.  So again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Eli for pushing me, believing in me, for helping me through the rough times, and for being an amazing friend and coach.  You've seriously changed my life into someone I want to be.  You're one of my best friends and I haven't even got to meet you in person yet.  Keep on spreading the good news my friend!

Rick Wyckoff

Rick, how was your 5K?! We can't wait to hear!!
Congratulations!



Have a special person that you want to thank for their thoughtfulness?! 
Send your story to sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com and 
tell someone just how much you appreciate them today!



2 comments: