Friday, September 7, 2012

Featured Runner Friday: Meet Lacie!






Every runner has a story...
At Sexy Mother Runner we believe that sharing those stories is a great way to share the gift of running while also helping to motivate others. I love Lacie's story because like us, and so many others, she got into running after having children not knowing she was really a runner. Goes to prove that we can be so much more than we ever imagined ourselves to be.

Meet Lacie:



Lacie with her Mom at her Ragnar Relay.



My mom said that I should send in my story as inspiration for others.  I don't know that I really have a "story" but here goes.  

I am a mother of three children, currently ages 8, 7, and 5.  I have never been a runner but decided that after my third child was born that I was unhappy with my body and how I looked and the easiest form of exercise at the time was to start running.  

I started with a mile and worked up to three.  I competed in my first 5K and I ran it in 25:05.  I'll never forget it.  I was elated for the entire rest of the day knowing that, not only did I accomplish the run but that I ran in a time I felt was respectable.  After that I was hooked.  





I started training harder, I started watching my diet more and decided to train for my first half marathon.  
I finished my first half maration in 1:55, my goal was under 2 hours.  When I crossed the finish line I had tears in my eyes because I was overwhelmed by the fact that I had even finished.  I was not a runner!  I was just a mom trying to get by day to day and used running as an outlet for stress, to improve my mood, and to help get my fitness level back on track.  




Since then I have competed in 4 half marathons, two triathlons, and I completed my first marathon this year with a time of 3:50.  Running has taken me places I never thought it would.  I have traveled to Key West to run a Ragnar Relay race, I have gotten up the courage to join the local running group in my town, I have found the inner runner in myself and have inspired my mom, aunt, and cousins to start running as well.  If there is one thing I have learned through all of this it's that no one can define you but yourself.  Set your goals high, work hard, and nothing can stop you.






Would you like to share your story and become a Featured Runner? 
We would LOVE to hear from you! 
Email us your story at sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com, be sure to include some pictures! 

1 comment:

  1. Lacie, I love your story!!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Running changes your life! ~Danyelle

    ReplyDelete