Monday, July 30, 2012

Kendra kisses over 60 pounds Gone, Baby Gone!!!!

I found out I was pregnant in June 2008 - baby was due in March 2009.  I have always been extremely active (lots of time in the gym, active lifestyle, lifting weights), and wondered how this would have an effect on my pregnancy.  I am also fairly petite (5'3" 110 pounds).  Everything was going fine - until I was about six months along - that's when the weight gain really began (with my pregnancy).  When I went in for my 37 week check up, my blood pressure was through the roof - that was a Wednesday.  My Dr. told me to be at the hospital at 5 a.m. that Friday (February 6, 2009)...he was going to induce me.  I showed up (on time) at the hospital, totally prepared to give birth to Logan Edward Jones.  They weighed me first thing - I had gained almost SIXTY pounds?!  I was in total shock - I had not stepped on MY scale for Lord knows how long during my entire pregnancy since I was being weighed in at each check up.  And yes, my Dr. warned me at seven months that I was gaining too much weight - but I just kind of ignored it...figured I was, afterall, eating for two.

After almost fourteen hours of active labor (and no pain meds), I had not dilated at ALL - nothing, zero, nada.  And my blood pressure was doing nothing but shooting through the roof...so, he did a C-section.  At 7:00 that night, Logan was born - I figured since I was huge, I was going to give birth to a large baby...I was wrong.  Logan weighed in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces.  I had never had surgery before this, never had to stay in a hospital overnight, never broken a bone - and I had basically just been cut wide open.  The morphine made me sick (literally, I was vomiting the entire night), until the next day when the nurse finally figured out the pain med was making me sick.  It was a horrible experience (but one I would never take back or regret). 

So...three days later we were sent home; and I was put on blood pressure meds - they almost did not release me as my blood pressure was still high.  At my six week check up, my Dr. did not clear me for exercise; he finally gave me clearance at eight weeks.  I wasn't not exactly sure where to start to lose the weight, but I knew it had to be serious and strict.

Hence...I became a runner.  Within three months, I lost all my baby weight AND THEN SOME!  Seriously, it started with my boobs, then my hips, then my butt - in that order.  I was 35 years old and had never looked nor felt better...oh yeah, I also had my blood pressure under control :)  I have continued to run every single day since the day I started.  I have NEVER taken a day off - regardless of how I have felt.  Running always makes me feel better - and I know this.  And you know what?  It's easy...and free...and it's my "me" time.  Once a runner, always a runner! 

~Kendra 


Kendra's story and transformation pictures are amazing! It just shows with hard work and dedication that results soon follow! 
Way to go, Kendra! 

Kendra is eligible to win one of these awesome shirts from My Happy Pace Gear for sharing her story! We will be featuring more stories this week on our blog and our followers will be voting on 
they think should win one of these shirts shown below!

Have a happy, healthy week!

~Danyelle & Bekah
My Happy Pace Gear rocks!

Want to contact us? Email us at sexymotherrunner@yahoo.com. 
We love hearing from you!!!

Bekah & Danyelle
~The Sexy Mother Runners~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing my story!! I thinks it's so important for people to realize how easy (and free) this awesome form of exercise is!
    I got up at 4 a.m. this morning and snuck in six miles before work :)

    ReplyDelete